Wednesday 10 June 2015

Love Letter

Who would have thought?
A year ago I could never have imagined that today this is where I'd be.
With her. My love.
The oldest and biggest love of my existence.
This time last year I hadn't even found her.
This time last year I was pining away for a love I imagined might be possible.
She had captivated my heart. My mind and surely my soul.
And she didn't even know it.
For 5 weeks I dreamt up our life together
I did not realise the wonders reality would reach.
I thought she was spectacular in my dreams.
Oh man but my dreams had nothing on reality.
I had this memory of her.
Of her chocolate skin. Long dreadlocks. Dainty features.
And her eyes…her eyes that contained the beauty of the world. The whole world. My whole world.
I dreamed she would love me. Purely and deeply. Selflessly and whole-heartedly.
I dreamed she would make me smile from the depths of my soul.
I was right
But I underestimated her impact and the sheer size of her love.
In reality I sit and watch her speak on the phone.
With her chocolate skin, dreadlocks and dainty features.
And those eyes.
And I think wow she's here. In my life. Full access. All the time.
In reality she has shown me love in ways I didn't know it could be displayed.
She has loved me far
She has loved me deep
She has loved me wide
She has loved me whole
And I have loved her
In all the ways I know how and all the ways I have discovered.

My baby, more than a dream come true because my dreaming underestimated you.

1 comment:

  1. She never imagined she'd also be here this time, this year.she only imagined a love so unreserved, someone to tell everything without fear of judgement; a friend; a companion to spend a life with. The thought of someone like that coming along was one far away from her reality or so she thought. I am grateful that for those 5 weeks you searched and never gave up because it is in those weeks that my future was also being rewritten, my hopes and dreams drawing closer to reality. Our souls drawn to each other like magnets. It was only when my soul felt at ease that I realised that our souls had known each other before we even knew; that they found each other over and over again through lifetimes and that through time and change in forms we continue to find each other. With you I am home and I will choose you over and over again through space and time.

    ReplyDelete